Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel free to submit questions to the Village Office at (815)384-4140 for inclusion in this section.
- What are the Village Office hours? Office hours are Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 am - 1:00 pm, Wednesday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00 noon.
- What is the Village of Creston Utility Fee Schedule? Click here to download
- How much does the Village receive in taxes? In 2017, the Village of Creston collected approximately $17,000 in property taxes. This equates to approximately 1.5% of the average Village Resident Tax Bill.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests are not accepted via e-mail. Please mail requests to 110 N Main St, PO Box 36, Creston IL 60113 or call 1-815-384-4140.
- What was the result of the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report? Click here to download
- How can I pay my bill? You may either drop off your check in our convenient mailbox located outside Village Hall's door, come in during business hours, mail your check or pay on your account using your bank's bill payment system. We do not accept credit cards for payment.
- Who do I contact about garbage and recycling? The village's garbage and recycling is picked up by Northern Illinois Disposal. You may contact the village with your questions but we do not control pick-up times or a missed pick up. Please call Northern Illinois Disposal at 800-930-7321 or follow link on our Links tab.
- How do I get updates on what's going on? Village of Creston will either post on this website, post on our Facebook page, contact the paper and/or contact the radio station, depending on how urgent the news is. Village Hall's door or public bulletin board located on the walk up to the hall's door may also have flyers regarding events, so stop by and take a look!
- Where do I find your current fiscal year audit? You will find the audit listed under the 'Minutes & Agendas' tab with its own link.
Village of Creston / 110 N. Main St, PO Box 36, Creston, IL 60113 / tel: (815) 384-4140 / fax: (815) 384-3868